CRITERIA FOR TENANCY
TENANT SCREENING & SELECTION PROCESS
For Boathouse lease or Boat Moorage
CRITERIA FOR TENANCY
The Dalles Marina is working with prospective tenant applications, tenants, and the public in the Port of The Dalles Marina to maintain the quality of our Marina and surrounding area. The Marina desires that people do not use the leased spaces for illegal activity and that all tenants, guests and public are given the reasonable opportunity to the right of peaceful and legal enjoyment of their boathouse spaces, moorage slips and other places within the Marina. To that end, the Port has a required screening process. If the prospective tenant meets the criteria and is accepted, such tenant will have the peace of mind knowing that other tenants will be screened in a similar way and that the risk of illegal activity or excessive disturbances occurring in the area is reduced.
Please review the Port’s list of criteria below. IF the prospective tenant meets the criteria, he or she may apply.
- Each applicant, age 18 or older, shall submit a separate application.
- Two (2) pieces of ID must be shown. The Port requires a photo ID (driver’s license if possible) and either a social security card or a non-resident alien card. Present with completed application.
- Proof of liability and fire insurance is required.
- Applications may be denied or tenancy may be terminated if:
- Any information on the prospective tenant’s application or lease agreement is found to be misrepresented, incomplete, inaccurate or falsified.
- The prospective tenant has a prior conviction for any type of crime, violent or non-violent, that would reasonable be considered a threat to property or the peaceful enjoyment of the Marina premises by other Port tenants, agents, guests, or of the public generally.
- The prospective tenant has unpaid collections, an FED (court ordered eviction), or any judgment against him or her for financial delinquency that remains unsatisfied at application date.
- Any information that is incomplete, inaccurate, or falsified shall be grounds for denial of the application or subsequent termination of tenancy upon determination of falsified information.
- The Dalles Marina reserves the right to verify all verbal or written information presented and to deny any application for any reason not specifically restricted by law.
UPON ACCEPTANCE, APPLICANT, BY SIGNING A LEASE AGREEMENT OR RENTAL AGREEMENT WITH THE PORT OF THE DALLES, AGREES TO FOLLOW ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE PORT OF THE DALLES IN USING OR LEASING BOATHOUSE SPACES OR ANNUAL MOORAGE SPACES, AND AGREES TO FOLLOW ANY RULES PERTAINING TO THE MARINA, THE SMALL BOAT BASIN, THE PARKING LOT AND SURROUNDING AREA OF SAME.